Welcome to the Teacher Education Graduate Advising Office
Education Building, Room 100
The objective of our Department of Teacher Education at the College of Education at UTEP Graduate Program is the development and maturation of teachers who:
- demonstrate mastery as professional educators
- are leaders in communities of learners in their educational settings
- reflect on their practice through systematic inquiries and action research
- found their practices in the knowledge of scholarship in their fields of education
We provide the following graduate programs:
- Master Degree Programs
- 100% Online Master's program
- Master Teacher Certification
- Alternative Certification (ATCP) – Certification with Master's coursework
Teacher Education Graduate Advisor: Dr. Antonio Gonzalez
MED Online Program Advisor: Dr. Antonio Gonzalez
Department Chair: Dr. María Teresa de la Piedra
Department Co-Chair: Dr. David Carrejo
Spring 2013 office hours
By appointment only
Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
by previous appointment only
- Students will be assigned a graduate faculty advisor at the time of admission to the program.
- Students should maintain a continuing advising relationship with the faculty advisor which includes preparing and updating their degree plan, making course selections, and requesting a comprehensive examination or thesis defense.
Contact the TED Graduate Advising Office
College of Education Building, 1st floor, Room 100
El Paso, TX 79968-0574
Phone: (915) 747-5475 / 5952 Fax: (915) 747-7441